Thursday 17 January 2013

Pre-snow pussy parade

I thought I might be writing a sorrowful post this evening, lamenting the lack of streetmogs. However, they were out in full feline force today. It was a clear and sunny one, (freezing yes, but lovely) and I'm convinced the mogs had a sixth sense about the impending snow and were seizing the opportunity to get out for some fresh air before the radiator-hogging begins once more. A lucky seven cats were actually spotted today, but four of them (including a massive tabby and a gorgeous tortoise-shell) were moving too fast (keeping warm) for me to have any chance of capturing them. It's okay though, there'll always be one more dawn, one more day, one day more, and many more mogs!


Streetmog name: Sirius
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Wall & Wandle Meadow undergrowth
Preferred stroke:
Character: Wily wiry
Other: Sirius crossed our path twice. The first time, he fled under a car and then into undergrowth when I tried to get closer for a shot. A while later he appeared again and I was delighted to get my first Streetmog in eight days.





Streetmog name: Caramel
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Fence top/path
Preferred stroke:
Character: Nervy
Other: Caramel was initially sitting atop a wooden fence in the sun, which presented the most perfect streetmog photo opportunity. Desgraciadamente, when I edged closer he jumped down from said fence to the safety of his home's garden path. I managed to grab this rubbish shot by leaning over the side gate. It's a shame that the bright sunlight has washed his ginger features out, as he was a beautiful creature.




Streetmog name: Oreo
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Recycle bins
Preferred stroke: Head stroke
Character: Fun loving explorer
Other: Oreo was the only brave and friendly mog of the day. He trotted over in my direction and, having led me on a merry dance to the recycle bins and back, allowed me to fuss over him for a bit. This actually made my day. Oreo, you made my day, bless you.






No comments:

Post a Comment